Sunday, February 13, 2011

Viewers Discretion is Advised!!

   This week was a lot of fun. I hope you can hear the sarcasm in my voice. Wednesday was a beautiful warm January day in Fairbanks. It reached a positive 27( I know you are all laughing right now, but today was -41). So we decided to go outside. Liam fell and hit the dog igloo in the back yard. He cut his eye and was bleeding everywhere. I rushed him to the ER, trying to be a non-panicky mom. I waited in the ER while my son was bleeding from his head, but playing and jumping like nothing was wrong. The Doctor came in and said he needed stitches.So they stuck Liam's arms in a pillow case, one guy held his body down the other held his head. The doctor stitched up his eye while he was screaming, spitting, and blowing snot on them. He then had to cry out MAMA MAMA MAMA. I never felt so bad in my  life.
   Liam did really well with his stitches. He didn't even notice them half the time. He did finally get a little black and blue eyelid, but nothing serious. He started puling on them the last day, but everything was OK. He is a good sport.
   I know, you think my week is over, but after church on Sunday, I had to take Liam back to the ER to get his stitches out. He still remembered the place. He was screaming. I felt bad for the other mom on the other side of the curtain, whose son just cut his eye open and was waiting for stitches. She got to listen to mine scream while she waited. This time they made me hold Liam's body down while a nurse held his head, and the other nurse took the stitches out. Again my son screamed and yelled MAMA  MAMA  MAMA!!
  The good thing about this week is my son said MAMA!! It wasn't DADA it was MAMA!! Let's not get a head of ourselves though.  Every time we walk into the house, he would go looking for his DADA. On Saturday about 11:30 am (probably about the time Callan would get out of bed), Liam went looking for his Dada. He checked in his room, he looked in the bed, under the bed, in the dresser, and in both closets while he said Dada dada. Then he got really excited and checked the bathtub. He pulled open the curtains and yelled DADA !! But no luck, so he decided to take off his own clothes and take a bath by himself. He loves his DADA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment